Associate Data Engineer
Sighten is seeking a well-qualified candidate who is passionate about driving the clean energy revolution by providing solar companies with innovative software. As an Associate Data Engineer at Sighten, you will be asked to:
- Build data processing pipelines and visualization tools for large existing datasets.
- Perform descriptive and inferential statistical analysis on dynamic datasets.
- Design and build web application features, including data models, dynamic queries, APIs, external integrations, and occasionally front-end UI features.
- Build upon, optimize, and maintain existing data access architecture.
This position will be responsible for building software tools to support residential solar installation and financing workflows. This role will require hybrid knowledge of software engineering and data science, demanding both the ability to code web application features and analyze platform data to develop novel insights and recommendations.
- Writes web application software using Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, JSONSchema, and AngularJS.
- Builds both multi-purpose and bespoke analysis tools using Python, pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn (or similar technologies) and integrates the tooling into larger application architecture.
- Maintains monitoring and alerting tools for reporting infrastructure, including maintaining scheduled batch jobs for data pipelines.
- Uses modern cloud and distributed computing technologies to construct data aggregation, cleaning, and analysis pipelines.
- Prepares comprehensive documented observations, analyses and interpretations of dynamic datasets including technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
- Uses inferential modeling and machine learning techniques to develop novel insights into large datasets.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of work experience in software engineering and data science
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Python and AngularJS experience
- Cloud infrastructure experience, preferably AWS